During holidays, we have a tendency to consume lots of food and drink we normally wouldn’t—like chocolate, cake, and cocktails. Consequently, toxins build up in our system and we need to cleanse to get rid of them. Luckily, recovery from holiday binge eating is simple.
Getting off track is normal, it happens to everyone. However, now it’s time to drop the chocolate and get back on track. Eat clean, whole foods like Mayella’s Nourish Formulated Blend.
Drink lots of fluids
Aim to drink three litres of fluid daily. This will assist lymph motion and support kidney detoxification. Choose from pure spring water, fresh vegetable juice and herbal detox teas, such as Probioskin.com’s Skin Tonic Tisane infusion.
Exercise for 45-60 minutes a day
During detox, aim for 45-60 minutes of vigorous exercise. Thereby increasing lymph flow and circulation to sweat out toxins. Hydrate well before exercise and take a teaspoon of Mayella Green Nutritionals in water, or coconut water, post exercise. This will replenish electrolytes and help with alkalisation.
Incorporate breathing exercises
Breathing exercises detox your lungs, mind, and body. With every breath out you eliminate toxins and with every breath in you fuel vital organs. By incorporating purposeful breathing exercises into your regime, you’ll take in more oxygen and release more toxins.
Maintaining a healthy acid/alkaline pH level is key to building healthy cells, a healthy body, and strong immune system. A pH of 7.0 is neutral; below 7.0 is acidic and above 7.0 is alkaline. The preference is to maintain a pH of 7.3—slightly alkaline. But there’s no need to worry about measuring your levels. A gentle detox will cleanse and alkalise your body. The below Probioskin.com’s Nutritional Blends are concentrated sources of nourishment and whole foods, and specially formulated to help with alkalising:
Try them as a green smoothie bowl, smoothie, or in water or juice. They also go well in raw food baking. Alkalising will build energy levels, help you lose weight and support healthy glowing skin.
Now that you know the basics, you’re ready to start your binge recovery. For a week, replace breakfast with a green juice or green smoothie. This will give your body concentrated nutrients that are easily available for digestion and absorption. After the first week, try a smoothie or green juice for breakfast 2-3 mornings a week. Mid-afternoon have about 250-300mls of a green smoothie, green juice, or green smoothie bowl. This way you are alkalising your body, and providing readily bioavailable nutrition with minimum effort, balanced with low GI foods. After a month assess your energy levels, physical fitness and emotional balance, and you should find they have all improved.
- 1 heaped teaspoon Mayella Alkalise Green & Go
- Stir into a large glass of organic apple juice or pear juice
- Juice up 2 carrots
- Fresh ginger to taste
- 1 small Beetroot
- 1 apple
- Stir in 1 heaped teaspoon Mayella Alkalise Green & Go or Green Harmony to the juice
- Into the blender
- 1 heaped teaspoon Mayella Alkalise Green & Go or Green Harmony
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 250-300mls milk of choice cow/almond/soy/rice/oat
- 1 heaped tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Blend and enjoy
Low GI Green smoothie:
- In blender
- 1 heaped teaspoon Mayella Green Harmony or Nourish Nutritional blend
- 250mls filtered water
- Handful walnuts
- Juice of ½ freshly squeezed lime
- Juice then add to the blender ingredients
- ½ Apple
- 1 cucumber – English/Lebanese/Persian varieties juice
- Blend all together adding a little ice if needed
Green smoothie bowl:
- Into the blender
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ frozen mango cheek or 1/3 frozen pineapple
- 100mls choice of filtered water/coconut water/apple/pear juice
- 1 heaped teaspoon Mayella Alkalise Green & Go or Green Harmony nutritional blend
- Blend to a smooth consistency, but don’t over blend
- Spoon or slide into a bowl and top with muesli, chia seeds, goji berries, shredded coconut, or fresh fruit
- A teaspoon of Mayella Acai Berry Beautiful is perfect sprinkled on top as well
|5 minutes with…Alex Beckett||When you spread your wings & fly|
|5 minutes with…Alex Beckett|
|When you spread your wings & fly|